Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

[twelve bands]

[ten]

The Clash

Before Paul Hester, Joe Strummer’s death probably affected me the most out of people that I’d never met. I will never forget sitting at the dining room table reading my book eating breakfast while my mum was reading the paper across from me when she suddenly went, “Oh my god!” and literally covered something up in the paper. I just said, “What the hell?” and she just said, “Oh, Linda, you’re going to be so upset about this.” My mum was genuinely concerned about how sad I would be that the lead singer of The Clash had died. That moment, more than anything before then or since, made me realise my mum really understands my love for music – even though she is where I got it from the first place, it still took me something like that to realise it.

What is there to say about The Clash? One of the seminal punk bands, influenced countless bands and musicians across all types of music, blah blah blah. All I ever cared about is how happy their songs make me. And as if there’s a better song in the world than Train in Vain. <3

Some things you can explain away, but my heartache’s in me ‘til this day

No comments:

Post a Comment