Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

[twelve bands]

[nine]

Nirvana

I will never leave Nirvana behind. Without my brother having Nevermind and Bleach, I never would’ve found Hole as early as I did and at such a crucial part of my music life. It was the intro to Come As You Are when my brother played it for me one day that got me hooked when I was 11 years old, but it was Blew and About A Girl that really made me fall in love with them. I still have my brother’s copies of Nevermind and Bleach, because he never really got them back. The passion and the lyrics and Kurt’s voice is why I love this band, not because they are “Nirvana”. The beauty of Heart-Shaped Box and About a Girl and All Apologies and the screaming of Sliver and Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle and the music of Blew and Come as You Are and Floyd the Barber and the covers of The Man Who Sold the World and Old Age will never get old to me.

She eyes me like a Pisces

No comments:

Post a Comment