Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

[twelve bands]

[three] 

Ryan Adams [including Ryan Adams & the Cardinals and Whiskeytown]

Ryan just has my heart. I can unexpectedly hear a Ryan song somewhere and it will just make me feel immeasurably calmer and happier. I’ve never known how to write about what Ryan means to me, but he is who I go to after The Offspring. He’s funny and lovely and he even understands what regular vertigo and balance problems and ear issues are like. His passion for music and writing and playing makes me love him all the more than simply the absolute beauty of his songs alone.

Apart from the first time I saw The Offspring and met them and the fourth time I saw The Offspring when they performed Ignition in full, seeing Ryan live the two times I have so far have been the most important shows in my life. The second time, where he was happy and hilarious and laughing, was absolutely one of the happiest nights of my life.

He has my heart, always.

Dancin’ where the stars go blue

No comments:

Post a Comment